The International Coach Federation’s (ICF) global vision is to advance the reach and impact of professional coaching worldwide on behalf of some 120 chapters, 20,000-plus members around the globe. Some 18 months ago, ICF embarked on a mission to ensure the strength and credibility of the ICF brand, both at the global and local level, by introducing new membership eligibility requirements that will apply to all ICF members.
The goal of the new membership eligibility requirements—to further strengthen ICF’s already vibrant global community and provide a consistent vision of what ICF Membership means to our clients—is reflected in a new policy taking effect as of December 31st 2015.
This policy is known as the Chapter Membership Eligibility Requirement (CMER). [download id=”4344″].
What do I need to know about CMER and joining ICF (global)?
As an ICF (global) member, you are asked to select a local Chapter to which to belong, and to meet at least one of the following member eligibility requirements:
- Hold a current ICF Credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC);
- Have completed at least 60 hours of coach-specific training that meets ICF standards, or
- Be enrolled in 60 hours of coach-specific training in an ICF-approved program that has either the Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) or Approved Coach-Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) distinction. *For new members only.
What does this mean to me as a current ICF member?
There is no change to your current ICF membership. Having paid an annual fee to join ICF global, you are compliant with the new CMER policy and are a member in good standing with ICF Vancouver Charter Chapter.
What does this mean to me if I am not a current ICF member?
With this change we also want to be sure to maintain a space for individuals who engage infrequently with ICF Chapters, as well as those who are exploring coaching for the first time. Everyone is welcome to attend our special events and monthly Chapter meetings.
What does this mean for the future?
Like many other (local) Chapters, ICF Vancouver is currently exploring the value of establishing a (new) ‘Chapter Membership’ tier to complement the global ICF Membership. We’re looking for ways to build in further discounts and additional benefits for Chapter Members such as:
- the website that delivers greater value to members through various features including:
- Find a Coach
- Member tracking of their own CCEUs
- Member-only features such as access to video content
- emerging partnerships with HRMA and other corporate sponsors
What should I keep an eye out for?
You will shortly receive an invitation to participate in a ICF Vancouver Chapter Survey to provide your views on the value of belonging to ICF Vancouver. Please participate and let us know what you think!
Contact your Vancouver Charter Chapter Membership Director, Donna Howes email@example.com