Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find answers to some common questions coaches have about the International Coaching Federation and the Vancouver Charter Chapter.
Why should I consider becoming an ICF Global member?
ICF Global provides its members opportunities and benefits around Business Development, Lifelong Learning and Professional Development, Event Discounts, and more!
For a full list of benefits visit ICF Global’s website.
If I’m an ICF Global member, do I need to be affiliated with a local chapter?
While ICF Global provides many benefits to its members, these are all virtual and online. By affiliating with a local chapter, like ICF Vancouver, you have an opportunity to connect with local coaches in person and discuss more market-specific topics, as well as expand your network of coaches in your area.
Why should I consider an ICF Vancouver specifically?
With over 500 member coaches, the ICF Vancouver Chapter is a vibrant and diverse community dedicated to support and encourage the development of professional coaching. As a Chapter member, you have access to many membership benefits:
- Network with fellow coaches at Chapter events, share best practices and discuss current coaching topics,
- Enjoy valuable virtual and face-to-face offerings at a discounted rate,
- Help our communities flourish through Chapter events during International Coaching Week and the Coach Giving initiative,
- And much more!
How do I become affiliated with the local ICF Vancouver chapter?
Follow the simple steps below to be affiliated with the ICF Vancouver Chapter*:
- To be affiliated with the Vancouver Chapter, you must first be an ICF Global member. You can sign up to become a member for a fee of $245 USD. (Once you tag a local chapter, part of your fee is distributed back to your local chapter to support them in local events.)
- Sign in to your ICF account. Under your profile picture and member details, you will find the Edit Profile button on the left side of the screen (arrow). This will direct you to the My Profile page.
- Under My Account Links on the right-most column, click on “My Chapter Affiliation” (arrow) to see which Chapter your ICF membership is affiliated to. Add the Vancouver Chapter if it is not already there.
- Congratulations! You’re now officially affiliated with the ICF Vancouver Chapter!
*Please note, membership information is managed by ICF Global. ICF Vancouver receives and uploads member information on a regular basis. However, there is likely to be a small delay in updating changes so please be patient.
Who joins ICF?
What types of coaches join ICF?
As of July 2020, there are about 41,500 ICF Global members in 147 countries and territories. ICF members range in coaching experience. In the ICF Vancouver Chapter, some members have just completed a coaching program and others are seasoned coaches. There is also everything in between. We have many members who are ACC, PCC, and MCC credentialed coaches. Regardless of your coaching experience, there is a community for you to connect with and learn.
How do I get started as a new ICF Vancouver Chapter member?
We’re so glad you’ve decided to join this wonderful community! We have prepared an ICF Vancouver Chapter Member Orientation Guide to help you get the most out of your membership.
What kind of events does the ICF Vancouver Chapter offer?
ICF Vancouver commits to having monthly events that vary from guest speakers to world cafes, social celebrations, and Coaches Engage, which entail coaching topics that enhance coaching skills and awareness, some of which offer CCE credits. For more information on CCE creditS, visit our Member Orientation Guide.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of our upcoming events, for the time being, will be virtual. However, when public health experts tell us it is safe to gather in larger groups, we will return to in-person meetings, while continuing to keep some of our events virtual so members can attend meetings regardless of location.
Is there a fee to attend an event?
Designing and creating current and engaging events takes time, money, and resources, therefore, we charge a nominal fee for attending most events. Note that while both members and non-members can attend, members receive a discount for each event.
How do I stay informed with what is happening at ICF Vancouver Chapter?
Not on our email list yet? Stay up-to-date with everything we have going on in our chapter by subscribing today!
Didn’t get all your questions answered?
Please email our Director of Membership: [email protected]
Coach Giving Leadership Program
ICF Vancouver Chapter is pleased to offer this Leadership Coaching initiative and congratulate your organization on taking this powerful step forward to accelerate leadership awareness, development and effectiveness of your emerging and current leader(s) (hereinafter referred to as the “Coachee(s)”)!
Curious about how ICF can help your coaching career?
We're happy to answer your questions about the International Coaching Federation. Send us a message and we'll get back to you with answers.